Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol Tool
BUILD YOUR OWN PROTOCOL
Having an effective infection prevention program to help reduce exposure to COVID-19 is an important part of reopening and maintaining safe day-to-day operations of your business. There are many variables to consider when developing your infection control program including social distancing, hand hygiene, wearing PPE, isolating sick people, effective cleaning and disinfection and other factors which can be found on the CDC website at Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes. Cleaning and disinfection are central to effective infection prevention; however, EFFECTIVE cleaning and disinfection requires careful planning as every facility has different needs.
The Benefits of Having a Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol
Business owners want to create a safe environment for their employees and customers, and employees and clients want to know that steps have been taken by the company to do so. Given the central role that cleaning, and disinfection plays in infection prevention, we've developed a simple to use tool that guides you through a #-step process to create your own customizable cleaning and disinfection protocol. Once complete, you can easily implement this protocol in your workplace, business or even in your home. You can even save, print and return to edit your protocol, and even create additional protocols as needed.
The Purpose of this Protocol
- Ensure effective cleaning and disinfection to reduce exposure to Coronavirus and other pathogenic microorganisms
- Help you to implement a plan that is easy to communicate and takes into account the specific needs of your facility.
- Save cost by leveraging your existing resources to perform incremental cleaning and disinfection requirements not otherwise performed by your after hours janitorial service.
The protocol building process requires you to consider several key factors:
- What areas need to be cleaned and disinfected
- How often these areas will be cleaned and disinfected, prioritizing frequently touched surfaces
- The products that will be used
- The personnel responsible for each area